The dscvr app connects you to Ilfracombe (& North Devon), high streets, shopping centres and communities – whether you’re shopping, looking for new places to eat or discovering new events or experiences. Use the QR code below to download the free app now!
Town centres are changing. The pandemic has only made that process faster and more visible, with more and more of us switching to buying online. But we also know that the pandemic has really made people aware of the need to buy local and support local, as well as how much it means to receive the great Ilfracombe customer service! The strong staycation market this year also means we’re expecting large numbers of visitors, and we need to make sure that not only do they have the right information in advance but that they are able to make the most of our fantastic local offer.
Through initiatives such as Live Love Local, we have been working hard throughout the pandemic to keep people safe when they are in our town whilst encouraging them to keep supporting local businesses whether we were in lockdown or under restrictions. But having lived through lockdowns we also know that both locals and visitors are really keen to make the most of everything that our fantastic town and district has to offer – from shopping to walking trails, beaches to events.
As such we are delighted to have the Northern Devon app, ‘Dscvr’ (pronounced ‘discover’) designed to give you the information you want.
Features of the new app include:
- Our own area on the app meaning it can be tailored to Ilfracombe
- Details of local businesses, with those businesses also able to highlight special offers and promote direct online sales
- Places to eat and things to do, including walking, cycling, history and even nature trails!
- It can identify people’s location so when they open the app, it will know where they are and will show them relevant content, whilst still allowing them to browse other towns and the surrounding area
- Local events, cultural and leisure facilities are promoted for free
- It will allow people to tailor their feed to make sure they’re finding out about what matters to them!
- It can send out push notifications if there’s a message that needs to be communicated quickly.
We have arranged for businesses to feature free on the app. Any businesses that would like to add information or have any questions should email email@example.com direct.