An election is to be held for one Town Councillor for Ilfracombe Central.
1. Forms of nomination can be obtained from:
- The Ilfracombe Town Clerk – Ilfracombe Centre, 44 High Street, Ilfracombe, EX34 9QB
- The Returning Officer – Lynton House, Commercial Road, Barnstaple, EX31 1DG
The Returning Officer will at the request of an elector for any electoral area prepare a nomination paper for signature.
2. Nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer at Lynton House, Commercial Road, Barnstaple no later than 4pm on Thursday 24th August 2017.
Papers can not be forwarded via the Ilfracombe Centre.
3. If an election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday 21st September 2017.
4. Further details and deadlines on applications, amendments or cancellations of postal and proxy votes, new applications to vote by proxy and applications to vote by emergency proxy on grounds of physical incapacity can be found on the full Notice for Election, as issued by Mike Mansell the Returning Officer.
5. To find out more about the role of a councillor, details can be found here. Alternatively if you would like to discuss the role or the operation of Ilfracombe Town Council in person please contact the Ilfracombe Centre to make an appointment with the Proper Officer.