Notices of Temporary Street Closures
The majority of roads in Ilfracombe are looked after by Devon County Council. They carry out a programme of maintenance and improvement works to ensure local roads are safe and sound.
The latest temporary prohibition of through traffic and parking notices affecting Ilfracombe are:
- Highfield Road – Section of Road Closed – Monday 13th August to Tuesday 14th August (inclusive) Western Power – Hoist & Vehicles in Carriageway
- Langleigh Road, Ilfracombe (Closed – except for access) – Monday 10th – Wednesday 12th September (inclusive) South West Water replacement of man hole cover
- Church Hill (Closed except for access) – Tues 25th September to Thurs 27th September (inclusive) – Meter Installation
- Church Road (Closed except for access) – 14th -16th November (inclusive) – SWW Utility Works
- Church Hill (Closed except for access) – 12th-14th November – SWW Utility Works
- High Street (No 133) Reduced roadway – 29th October – 2nd November SWW Utility Works
- Wilder Road, Church Street, High Street, Portland Street, Hillsborough Road (Roads Closed) – 26th August 1630-2130 – Ilfracombe Carnival
- Pebble Court, Arcade Road, Ilfracombe (Parking Bay suspended) – 13th-16th November (inclusive) – SWW Utility Works
The above are promulgated iaw the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 Section 14 on behalf of Devon County Council.
To find out about current and proposed roadworks in Ilfracombe and across the county visit the Devon County Council website.
You can also report or track existing problems directly to Devon County Council at “Report a Problem”
Motorways are looked after by the Highways Agency. To find out about current and proposed road works on motorways visit the Highways Agency’s website.