The majority of roads in Ilfracombe are looked after by Devon County Council. They carry out a programme of maintenance and improvement works to ensure local roads are safe and sound.
The latest temporary prohibition of through traffic, parking notices and footpath closures affecting Ilfracombe are:
- Footpath and Public Right of Way closure of Footpath Numbers 112 & 114 in and around Marine Drive / Larkstone from 1st June to 1st December 2021. The alternative route will be marked by compound fencing and signage around Marine Drive car park area, and then via footway alongside Marine Drive –set of steps leading on to Larkstone Lane –Larkstone Lane –rejoin South West Coast Path. The diversion will be signed on the ground. The closure is necessaryto facilitatebuilding of community watersports centre. Temporary Traffic Order can be viewed here. Map of the area concerned with alternative routes can be found here.
- Works to install a new water main in Slade Valley on the Tarka Trail will commence on 2nd June 2021 – Details of this from South West Water can be found here. The section of the Tarka Trail affected by these works and any subsequent closures/limited access can be found here. Accompanying this work is a Tree Risk Report which can be found here
- Notification of Road Closure – Work Ref: LM903CL8358263-E on Fore Street, Ilfracombe, Devon We are writing to inform you that South West Water has applied for a road closure to complete utility works between the side of 5 The Candar to outside 45 Fore Street. These works, subject to approval from Devon Highways, will take place between 22/11/2021 and 24/11/2021, although we have applied for early entry for 01/11/2021 to 03/11/2021.
- Notification of Road Closure – Work Ref: LM213MB9017898 on Northfield Road, Ilfracombe, Devon We are writing to inform you that South West Water has applied for a road closure to complete utility works side of 1 Armada Close. These works, subject to approval from Devon Highways, will take place between 29/11/2021 and 03/12/2021. All efforts will be made to maintain access to properties within the area of the closure and minimise disruption.
- Notification of Road Closure – Channel View – Repair Leaking Communication Pipe by Kier MG LTD from Mon 13th Sep to Fri 17th Sep 2021 (inclusive). Full details here
The above are promulgated iaw the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 Section 14 on behalf of Devon County Council.
To find out about current and proposed roadworks in Ilfracombe and across the county visit the Devon County Council website.
You can also report or track existing problems directly to Devon County Council at “Report a Problem”
Motorways are looked after by the Highways Agency. To find out about current and proposed road works on motorways visit the Highways Agency’s website.