Notices of Temporary Street Closures
The majority of roads in Ilfracombe are looked after by Devon County Council. They carry out a programme of maintenance and improvement works to ensure local roads are safe and sound.
The latest temporary prohibition of through traffic and parking notices affecting Ilfracombe are:
- Outside Devon Bay Hotel, Fortescue Road, Ilfracombe, 4th-6th August (inclusive), SWW Utility Works, Kier (no soft copy)
- Sommers Crescent, Ilfracombe, Traffic and Parking restrictions 24th April – 8th May (inclusive), PCP Cabinet & BAS, (Oakway Ltd on behalf of BT)
- Apsley Terrace, Ilfracombe, (outside 3 Apsley Terrace), Road Closed, 1st – 19th July (inclusive), Renew Sewer Pipes, Kier MG Ltd
- Brookfield Place, Ilfracombe, Pathway closed due to improvement works, 13th-17th May (inclusive), Skanska
- Wilder Road, Church Street, High Street, Portland Street, Hillsborough Road, Ilfracombe, 25th August, Ilfracombe Carnival Procession
- Oxford Grove, Ilfracombe, 23rd-25th June, New Connection, Kier on belhalf of South West Water
- The Quay, Ilfracombe, 3rd August, Birdman, Ilfracombe Round Table
- New Barnstaple Road, Ilfracombe, 28th May, Resurfacing, Devon Highways, Skanska UK
- St Brannocks to Mullacott Cross Roundabout, 29th May – 1st June, Ilfracombe (Mullacott Farm to Little Mullacott), Devon Highways Resurfacing, Skanska
- Northfield Road, Ilfracombe, 22nd – 26th July, New Connection, Kier MG Ltd
The above are promulgated iaw the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 Section 14 on behalf of Devon County Council.
To find out about current and proposed roadworks in Ilfracombe and across the county visit the Devon County Council website.
You can also report or track existing problems directly to Devon County Council at “Report a Problem”
Motorways are looked after by the Highways Agency. To find out about current and proposed road works on motorways visit the Highways Agency’s website.