UPDATED -21st May 2020
ROPERY ROAD CAR PARK WILL BE CLOSED EVERY FRIDAY & TUESDAY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
All vehicles must be moved by 9pm the night before.
A Covid 19 Swab Hub will be operational in the Ropery Road Car Park from Friday 15th May.
Following clarification from North Devon Health Care Trust (NDHT)
The Ropery Road Test site is organised and manned by NDHT clinical staff and is not for general public use but for the staff of NDHT and their household contacts, key workers in care and patients.
NO DROP INS WILL BE PERMITTED – IF YOU HAVE NOT BOOKED A TEST YOU WILL BE TURNED AWAY
The process for the testing station is as follows:
– People will only attend if they have been booked in previously and are logged.
– People cannot just turn up and ask to be tested. They will be turned away.
– Those attending will be asked to complete a forms whilst sitting in their car
– They must arrive by car and keep all windows up until a nurse is ready for them
– They will wind down the window for the test, hand in the papers and then wind it up again
– They will then depart
– All PPE changes will be done in a gazebo in the car park
– The unit will be dismantled and cleaned down after every session.
The NHS have informed us this is a tested process and has been done elsewhere in supermarket car parks and public car parks. It is very well controlled and safety of the area, staff and those visiting is of the upmost importance. Everyone must maintain social distancing except nurses who will be wearing PPE.